Monday, August 18, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer


Hi all, I noticed I haven't posted at all in August so I guess it's time for an update. I've been spending my time at home cleaning out closets and our spare bedroom. Skip went scuba diving last weekend up in Puget Sound, which he was anxious to do since he got his cast removed last month. Of course I've been staying up way too late watching the Olympics! I haven't really gotten into the Olympics since I was a kid, but I enjoyed watching swimming and gymnastics this time around!


I'm most excited about our possibility of being homeowners in the near future! We are STILL renting and I'm so ready to get a place of our own! We've met with a real estate agent and are meeting with a lender this weekend to get the ball rolling! Skip and I went to an open house at a new construction site and it was really fun just to go look through houses!! It makes me anxious to think about all of the responsibility that comes with having a house, but it would be worth it! So we'll be sure to keep you updated on how things are going :)


It's back to work for me this Friday, with the kids starting next Wednesday. I can't believe summer vacation is almost over :( But I'm excited to meet my little kiddos, which is one of my favorite parts of the year! As of now I only have 23 students, but I usually end up with at least a few more when the year begins. It's still better than the 27 I started with last year.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Seriously? The summer went by and we didn't get together? Geez.

I've been staying up too late watching swimming and gymnastics as well - although, I'm not sure when I got old enough that 11:30 or later qualifies as staying up all night. But, it's the first Olympics I've been into in quite some time!

Good luck with the house buying! Keep us posted! (More than once a month). :o)

Enjoy what's left of your vacation!

Aimeeable said...

Oh I totally know what you mean about how buying a house can be terrifying and exciting at the same time. It just seems so... permanent. It's like we have no problem considering ourselves adults, but as soon as we have to take on some adult responsibility, we flip out.

I was going to tell you sorry that you have to go back to work, but then I got to thinking... I never get a flipping break from my job! So I'm just going to be jealous and offer no sympathy your way.