Thursday, November 29, 2007

Apple Cup Victory!



Can you believe it? The Cougars won another Apple Cup last Saturday in Seattle. I watched the game from the comfort of my living room, but would have loved to have been there! The fourth quarter was so intense, and I'm not embarassed to say that I did my fair share of yelling at the TV!


A great thing about being a teacher of little ones is that I can influence them to make good choices, like being a Cougar fan! Every Friday during football season, we would be lined up at the door ready to go home, and the whole class yelled "Go Cougs!" I think we'll have to continue this tradition through basketball season too.


I also like to decorate the room with little Coug things here and there. On our alphabet strip, there is a cougar for the letter C, which I altered a bit by adding a Cougar head collar! For the Christmas season I also have my Cougar stocking hanging right up front next to our daily schedule.


And to add to all my happiness...none of my students are die hard Husky fans! I had a few last year who liked to give me trouble, but this year the Cougars reign in Mrs. Stein's class!

1 comment:

Aimeeable said...

I think this just goes to show how influential teachers are on our children. I love the subtlety of the sticker on the cougar. Brainwashing at its finest. Now don't get me wrong. I'm all about the cougs -just a different school.