Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Our House Looks Like a House


At least from the outside! The siding was put up last week, and the insulation has been installed inside. As soon as we have a dry day, the outside will be painted. Our paint colors will look similar to what the house looks like right now. The colors you see right now are the colors of the primer used on the siding. Our front door will be a dark olive green, and the stonework around the garage will be dark stone with some flecks of color.
I recently made my first purchase for our new home...a satin nickle wastebasket! Skip and I went to Linen's and Things for their liquidation sale, and that was the only thing that struck my fancy. I have started buying curtains after looking and looking and looking. There are just too many darn choices out there!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Nice! It's really coming along! The window coverings can be really overwhelming...but, just think - they are going on windows you OWN! Yay!

Aimeeable said...

The house looks wonderful! Way to be decisive on the trash can.

I still haven't finished the curtains for our house and we've been here 4 months. I just went with the super cheap blinds and I add more curtains as we have enough cash to cover it. Things sure add up quick when you buy a house!

I'm so excited that you are going through this 'adult' (whatever that means) rite of passage. Congrats!