Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Next Step



You are looking at what our new kitchen will look like in just a few short months! Skip and I had an accepted offer on a house today, and we are filled with excitement AND anxiety! A few months back we visited an open house for a new development. We really liked the houses, but the lots were terrible. So later we found out that the same builders were starting a new development at another location. Their first house in this new development is the one that Skip and I really liked, and the lot is much better. So we started playing the real estate game and finally settled on an agreement today! They started building the house a few weeks ago, and today the roofing was completed. With all the nice weather we have had, they are ahead of schedule and *should* be finished with the house by the end of the year! We've been taking pictures of the building process 'just in case', so those will be going up on my blog soon! I'm so excited that we'll be watching our first home materialize, and we'll have a say on some of the details. So now I have something exciting to blog about! I just hope that this journey isn't filled with too many bumps, and we can get into our house smoothly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I can't wait to spend many holidays in your new big kitchen...
Love Mom

Danielle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you guys that I'm typing in caps! That's super excited! Can't wait to see more pictures - I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Congrats again!

Aimeeable said...

That is wonderful! I can understand the anxiety associated with buying a house. I guess it is time for us to start growing up and become adults. Blech!