Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Alaskan Wildlife Conservation Center


Thank goodness for fences!!

Up close and personal with this friendly moose.


This eagle had been found out in the forest and had been shot in the left wing. It's wing was amputated, so he'll live the rest of his life in this cage.

Skip really liked this photograph of a musk ox with it's baby, so I bought it for him for his birthday. As I was in line to make my purchase, a guy behind me said, "Thanks for buying that picture." I asked if he was the photographer, and he said that he was. He photographs the animals in the conservation center to sell in the gift shop. Every penny that he makes goes to helping the animals at the center.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Cool!

Let me tell you about an animal that was not behind a fence. The freaking deer that I hit last night in my Nissan. Ergh.

Mrs. Stein said...

Oh no! Do you remember when we were heading back to Pullman one time and you kept honking the horn to scare the deer away from the road?

Are you okay? Is your car okay? Yikes!