Friday, October 7, 2011

Still hanging in there!

This week I made it to an important milestone...full-term for twins! At 36 weeks my twins were considered full-term, so now their job is only to fatten up for their debut. With my three trips to the doctor's office this week, I've learned that they are still looking great on all of their monitoring, baby girl is still head down and weighing in at 6 1/2 pounds and baby boy has flipped back into a breech position and weighs in at a hefty 6 pounds, my belly is measuring at 45 weeks, AND I'm not dilated at all. I am starting to feel contractions and occasionally have one that is uncomfortable, but nothing consistent or ultra-painful. My doctor thinks I could go into labor at any time now, but if I make it to 38 weeks (in 9 days) then we can start talking about induction, which I'm all for because carrying around these two babies is getting quite uncomfortable and at some times painful. At this point it's all about the waiting and hoping that we are truly ready to bring these babies home.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thanks for the update! Hope the last few days go good for you - you have done such an amazing job growing those twins. I bet you can hardly wait to hold and snuggle them. I know I can't!