Friday, June 27, 2008

Mirror Pond isn't just a beer!



Skip's favorite beer is Mirror Pond, so one of our first stops in Bend was the Deschutes Brewery Pubhouse for a fresh, cold beer! But before that we took a walk through Drake Park, just west of downtown Bend. That is where we found Mirror Pond, a spot along the Deschutes River that was full of geese, ducks, and one white swan. The park was beautiful and was one of our fave spots in Bend.


Here's the queen (or king) of Mirror Pond.

This guy kept giving me the evil eye, so I had my escape plan ready to go!


We ended our trip to the park with a game of Duck, Duck, Goose!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks like a pretty place! (Although I am terrified of geese). My cousin works at the Brew Pub. Yummy!!!

And yes - couples trip!!! We're thinking not next year, but the year after...it's like an adults Disneyland!