Thursday, May 22, 2008

12 Days of School Left!!!









I'm so excited that there are only 12 days of school left! On June 10th, I'll be waving good-bye to my 25 little darlings and welcoming summer vacation! This job can really suck the life out of you, and this year has been absolutely no exception. I love what I do, but it can be so very trying. Unfortunately, things are going to get worse before they get any better because our bond for a new elementary school failed on Tuesday. We are almost 300 students over capacity right now, and our little town is growing by the day. I honestly believe that I could end up with 30 students within the next few years. And I'm set to do this for the next 30 years?? And while I'm on this venting spree, I have to start on my master's degree soon so that I can keep my job! Of course, I have to pay for it. One of my coworkers just paid off her student loans....she's 41. I'm really not as bitter as I may sound, it just would be nice if teachers would be treated like the professionals that we are.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I appreciate teachers like you!

And I TOTALLY think that you deserve a wonderfully long break in 12 days.

Maybe we can meet up some time...

Aimeeable said...

I know teachers are professionals, but what I can't deal with is that they are *people*. I'm tellin' you none of my teachers counted down until I was going to stop annoying.. er entertaining them. (i.e. remember mystery powder X?)

Cahill Clan said...

W appreciate you! If only we had money to pay you what you are worth!!!! Hopefully kat and i can come see you soon!